Saturday, August 05, 2006

0. HELLO AND WARM WELCOMES GALORE



*TO VIEW ALL CURRENT ARTICLES CLICK ON 'HOME' AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE*


Desirous of change and wanting a small break I decided The Celluloid Teapot had seen better days. It was a fantastic site and can be viewed as often as one wants to.

This blog will not be radically different but just a fresh approach to something I adore, the cinema of the fantastic, the cinema of the taboo, the cinema of the bizarre and the unusual.

I have no influence only that of a singular opinion and I hope the following stages of the blog will fascinate and titillate and give some more web space to these genre films due to their importancy to cinema in general and for me personally.

Not all is sun and sweetpeas however, if a film is crap I will say this too - but constructively.

I will steer clear of going over old ground so any reference to previous 'Celluloid Teapot' posts will be mentioned where necessary so you can investigate that other 'realm' of mine.

Regarding copyright I am no gentleman of the law and unaware of breaking any boundaries, I use screenshots to demonstrate poignant, in my opinion, episodes throughout the duration of the film or programme and also provide insight should another not have access to view this material.

I do not intentionally want to contravene the law and am making no profit from such imagery.

If I have infringed anything please let me know and I will rectify the situation immediately.

There are more wonders to explore as these wonderful DVD companies give forgotten classics the light of day no matter how sleazy they are; or whether silent or surround sound.

I am beginning with the Maciste films interwoven with the usual jaded treats.

I hope to kick off things real soon.

Enjoy

The devilish inhabitants of 'Maciste all'Inferno (Maciste in Hell) (1926)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home